Tuesday 4 December 2018

App Finalisation - What Went Wrong

At this point, as stated was a possibility at the start of the semester, I am having to push the app to the side. While it was a nice to have a play, due to how small my budget was and how little time I had to learn coding/app building, it wasn't a very realistic expectation that things would pan out flawlessly.

The main issue I encountered was actually privacy issues with the app builder I used. Though it sold itself as being quick and simple to publish your app once you paid the subscription fee, it was the opposite of this. Upon subscribing (for £15 for just one month), I found that there was no way I could download my app and publish it in the Google Store myself (despite them advertising this), and instead I would have to provide all login and access information for my personal Google Account, which I was understandably uncomfortable with.

However, I did manage to download a test of my app before cancelling my Appy Pie subscription. It worked exactly as intended, meaning that when I have the time, money and external assistance, it's immediately ready to publish! You can see a video of this below (click the video title for better quality)...

No comments:

Post a Comment