Tuesday 11 December 2018

Self-Evaluation: Learning

In a project as self-directed and independent at this, learning and building knowledge is absolutely crucial. In the very nature of this (working in a creative team and producing something entirely of our own planning, with no pre-defined guidelines) being something new for me, it meant I had to learn to adapt to a lot of new situations that I hadn't pre-planned for.

As well as this, during this project, I've had to develop and expand my knowledge of prose and script-writing to ensure that it was extremely clear to another person (when previously I've only been script writing for myself). This means I've had to adapt my writing style to be more descriptive, and learn that it's okay to reference examples of what I'm looking for from a page! I specifically had to alter my plans and communication during the production of the comic when - after the first page of script was given to Katy - she altered it entirely, causing me to realises that I'd made my panels too flat, and alter this entirely for the rest of the comic (this issue was never a problem again after this).

Another example of learning I've had to undertake has been the actual, direct learning of teaching myself more in-depth knowledge of art history to ensure it was communicated accurately, correctly and - most importantly- in an engaging manner for my readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment