Tuesday 11 December 2018

The Future: Applying this Project to My Career

One of the key features of this project was that we wanted to be able to use it to help us towards our future career goals. As I'm not certain about my intended career at the moment, I wanted this project to give me experience in numerous areas of interest...

Comic Writer:-
Understandably, one of my biggest career options is heading into the comic industry as a writer or editor. One of the reasons I wanted to work with Katy is that this is a more likely experience to get into in the industry (group work instead of doing everything yourself), and wanted to be able to add that I'd worked both independently (last semester) and in a creative team to my portfolio. As well as this, in recent weeks I've been applying for writing internships for over the summer. For this, I had to construct a writing portfolio, and I think having this work and experience could really set me apart from other applicants.


Teaching:-
I've always had a keen interest in teaching as a career. Because of this, you can see that most of our initial ideas had a strong educational element. This comic itself was probably our most directly educational idea and I'm really glad we got to explore it. I really enjoyed trying to water down and translate the information into something that a younger person would find really engaging, it was a really great challenge and pushed me to learn a lot about my target audience.

Social Media, Marketing and Graphic Design:-
An industry I know I'd fit into well is digital marketing. I've always had real success with social media, and wanted to test that in a more structured manner in this project (hence; the Twelve Days of Christmas idea). As well as this, I've always been interested in the graphic design side of marketing, so the majority of the typography, design and marketing work in this project was done by me to bulk up my portfolio and let me practice new styles and hone my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment