Wednesday 12 December 2018

Self-Evaluation: Reflection, Analysis and Problem Solving

As is the nature of such a self-directed project, this semester a lot of self-criticism for me. Without having the constant feedback of a lecturer that comes at lower levels, I've really feel I've learnt to look at my own work in a more critical way and really pick out elements that need improving or altering. As previously mentioned, this affected my writing after the very first page!

Another example of how I've learnt to filter my work based on my own critiques is the development of my graphic pieces for the covers and inside cover. In the posts detailing how these elements came to be, you can see how many variants I had to go through, using my own critical thinking to make sure I really made the best result I could.

As much the independence is something that I've prioritised here, taking outside feedback is obviously still very relevant! Having the industry panels, in particular, was really useful for gaining an alternate (and professional) opinion, and I think their comments (particularly during the mid-project presentation).

No comments:

Post a Comment